Rifat Bin Salam
Senior Research Executive, Bangladesh
Rifat has a passion for consumer research and brand and communications in particular. He joins the Bangladesh team with three years of experience in both qualitative and quantitative research. He has managed clients across multiple industries serving both local and global brands for a range of projects. Some include communication evaluation, ethnography, brand equity, product and concept tests. Prior to Firefly, Rifat worked at Nielsen and MRC-Mode (GfK affiliate).
Rifat holds an MBA in Marketing and a Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing from the University of Dhaka.
- Clients Rifat has worked with include: Unilever, Nestlé, Kraft Foods, Marico, CavinKare, Airtel, Ericsson, NOKIA, Robi (Axiata), Heidelberg Cement and Lafarge Cement.
- Joined Firefly in September of 2013.
- Leads the Bangladesh chapter of Challenge: Future—a youth think-tank organization based in central Europe since 2011.
- He was awarded the Challenge: Future Scholarship to attend a training on ‘Innovation and Sustainability’ at IEDC-Bled School of Management and represented Bangladesh on the global stage.
- Founder of EqualTo—a non-profit initiative founded in 2010 to help underprivileged students.