Group Director and Head of Qualitative, Hong Kong
Salina listens to people for fun and has created a living doing what she enjoys. A qualitative specialist with more than 19 years of experience, she heads the qualitative business for Firefly Millward Brown in Hong Kong. Salina started her research career at Asia Market Intelligence (now IPSOS). Her work has often been characterized as insightful and marketing-oriented – it has led a variety of her local and multi-national clients to make more informed decisions. Apart from running groups and projects in Hong Kong, Salina has vast experience in running qualitative projects across the region and globally. She is excellent at translating local insights to a regional or global perspective.
As a highly trained and very experienced moderator, Salina specializes in a multitude of industries. She would refer to herself as a generalist with soft-spots for retail, travel and tourism, financial services and FMCG.
Salina holds B.S. from University of Hawaii in Hotel Management, with a minor in Economics
- Clients Salina has worked with: Abbott, AXA, Cathay Pacific Airways, E*TRADE, FrieslandCampina, Ferrero, HSBC, J&J, L’Oreal, Nestlé, Prudential, Parmalat, Unilever
- Joined Firefly Millward Brown in August 2010
- Enjoys listening and talking to people, understanding their motivations and behaviours
- Born in Hong Kong, she was educated locally before studying business and hotel management in Canada and the U.S.
- Spent a year in the hotel industry in Hawaii, where she learned the art of interacting with customers with very different backgrounds
- Passionate about travelling, wine and dine, music and yoga