Pedro de Araujo Carrança
Research Manager, Brazil
An inquisitive anthropologist who believes that market research is one of the best jobs in the world, Pedro loves qualitative research because it can take you from tampons to online banking in the same day. He enjoys conducting international projects, and is well-versed on different countries and traditions, from Japan to the US, the UK to South Africa. Although Pedro started on the quantitative side, he now is devoted to qualitative research projects in Latin America, where he is an expert at moderating and analyzing focus groups, in-depth interviews and ethnographies. Additionally, he is in charge of Firefly IdeaBlog® in the LatAm region.
Pedro holds Bachelor’s degrees in both Anthropology from Universidade de São Paulo (USP) and Communication from Faculdade Casper Líbero. He also holds a Masters degree in International Relations from Freie Universität Berlin.
- Clients Pedro has worked with: Unilever, Nestlé, Ford, Johnson & Johnson, Reckitt Benckiser, Nextel, Coca-Cola, Diageo, Amex, Bausch & Lomb, BP, Shell, Gillette, Old Mutual, L’Oréal, Kraft, Telefonica, Campari, Heineken, Toyota, FedEx, GSK, Pfizer, Sony, Monsanto and Alpargatas
- Fluent in English and Portuguese, and has a good knowledge of Spanish
- Organizes an annual street carnival frequented by most of the Millward Brown/Firefly employees in Brazil
- Despite the critics, he enjoys cheesy Brazilian soap operas
- You’ll find him hanging out in pubs that play samba and chorinho on weekends